Looking for Staff Positions?
Division of Engineering and Applied Science
Young Investigator Lecture Series
Caltech's Young Investigators Lecture Series (YILS) and Young Investigator Forum (YIF) in Engineering and Applied Science showcase selected outstanding early career researchers who advance the frontiers of research and invest in diversity, equity, and inclusion in their communities. Researchers in industry, who are within 3 years of receiving their PhD, are also encouraged to apply. The YILS and YIF programs are particularly interested in applications from candidates from groups historically underrepresented in STEM, regardless of sex or race/ethnicity.
Young Investigator Lecturers are typically postdoctoral scholars or senior graduate students who are invited to give a seminar to a Caltech department audience, while we particularly encourage applications to the Young Investigator Forum from mid- and early-career graduate students. Elected YIF nominees are invited to present a short conference-style talk in a forum event.
Applicants should apply online and request their advisor to submit a letter of recommendation. The deadline for application including the letter of recommendation is November 1, 2022. Further nominations will be reviewed on a quarterly basis.
If you have any questions about the lecture series, please do not hesitate to contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your applications.
Instructions for Applicants
- Create an account.
- Fill out the application form.
- After you submit your application form send the link that is provided to you for your advisor(s) (up to two) such that they can upload their letters of recommendation.
- Upload the following documents (as individual files or in one combined pdf):
- curriculum vitae;
- selected publications (up to five full pdf copies);
- lecture abstract (500 words);
- names and contact information of advisors.