Looking for Staff Positions?
Schmidt Academy of Software Engineering
Schmidt Academy of Software Engineering Scholars
Schmidt Academy of Software Engineering is seeking applications from the Caltech or Harvey Mudd College graduating class of 2021.
New Scholars would start in the Summer of 2021.
Advance Science and Engineering with an industry-competitive salary while being trained in best practices in software engineering.
The Schmidt Academy is seeking graduating Caltech and Harvey Mudd College seniors to apply to be Scholars in the Schmidt Academy for Software Engineering. Applicants must be passionate about programming, science, and creating innovative software to help advance cutting-edge research at Caltech. Scholars will participate in a software-engineering "boot camp" to become familiar with various software engineering approaches and best-practices and will be embedded in a research team selected to participate in the Schmidt program. Employment is expected to extend for 1-2 years.
Applicants should have the following:
- A passion for programming, as demonstrated by personal projects, work done in Caltech or HMC CS project courses, SURF work, summer internships, or equivalent
- A passion for scientific research, as demonstrated by coursework, SURF work, or equivalent
- Competence in multiple programming languages, including Python
- Familiarity with computer systems and programming, demonstrated by a "B" grade or higher in CS24, or HMC equivalent
- Experience with the Git version control system
- A major or minor in CS is preferred, but not required
After Oct. 5, 2020, interested candidates should apply by filling out the form online. This will require uploading a single PDF file that includes a cover letter, a resume, and your Caltech or HMC transcript.
Questions about the application process may be directed to: email@example.com.
Instructions for Applicants
- Create an account.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload the following documents (as one combined pdf):
- a cover letter;
- a resume;
- and your Caltech or HMC transcript.
For the cover letter, we ask you to address why you are interested in the Schmidt Academy and how you think your past experiences prepare you to participate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Click here to read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Caltech is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. To request disability accommodations for any part of the interview or hiring process, please contact 626-395-6979 for assistance or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.